I had the pleasure of speaking at the Edmonton WXN event this morning. Thank you to everyone who attended – I hope that you found it informative!
As promised, here’s a list of the websites and resources that I mentioned during my talk. If you have further questions, please get in touch.
- By 2015, more people will access the internet through a mobile device than through a computer.
- One out of every five searches has a local intent – good restaurants in Edmonton. On mobile, it’s even better – one in three searches.
- 40% of consumers look up more information on their mobile devices after seeing it advertised in outdoor, newspaper, radio or TV.
Resources, Websites, Things I Mentioned:
Here’s some information about responsive web design.
The #yegfood hashtag on Twitter – Edmontonians talking about food.
And Finally, Your To Do List:
- See what your website looks like on the major mobile platforms. Is it awful? Fix it.
- Search for what you do in Edmonton – does your business come up? No? Fix it.
- Search for your business on the social and check in services that I mentioned – did you know you were listed there? Start paying attention and start responding.
Want to share this with others? The short link is: tinyurl.com/yegmobile
Want social media training? I’m running a training session on October 26th, here’s the link to register.