We believe in sustainability. Working twelve hour days, late nights, and weekends is not sustainable. Cutting corners and trying to do too much with not enough budget is not sustainable. Living life with just two weeks of vacation is not sustainable. Have you visited our brand guide?
Are you a Digital Strategist? Content Writer? SEO Specialist? Paid Ads Expert? Analytics Expert?
Note: We DO NOT expect you to be all of these things! The above is basically an entire marketing department — those potential titles are to illustrate the areas we need help in right now.
Do you want to help us help entrepreneurs and organizations do better marketing? We work with clients across North America and in Australia, and our team is currently working from home in Edmonton, Kelowna, and Victoria. Our opportunities are open to candidates who are legally able to work in Canada.
Whether you are (or want to be) a generalist or you are (or want to become) super specialized in a specific area of marketing, we can help you build a role here that works for your skills and goals.
Ideally, you’ll have agency or in-house experience that will help you “hit the ground running” so to speak, but we aren’t specifying a set number of years of experience. A person can learn A Lot in a year or two or four that puts them ahead of someone doing this for ten years.
If you have questions about whether your experience level matches up with our needs that you want answered before you apply, please email jen[@]kickpoint.ca!
If you’re interested in working with us, please email to introduce yourself and:
- Tell us about a project you’ve loved working on — what were the goals and what did you do to achieve them?
- Tell us about a project you were part of that didn’t go well.
- Describe your experience with analytics, tracking results, and reporting—if possible, please explain a time you changed tactics based on results.
And answer these questions please:
- How do you rate your Google Ads experience on a scale of beginner to pro?
- Have you done much work with LinkedIn ads?
- What do you read/listen/attend to keep your marketing knowledge fresh?
- What writing experience do you have? Do you have any content published online that you think we should read to give us an overview of your content skills?
- What SEO work have you done in the past?
- Do you have any project management experience?
- Opportunities to attend conferences, webinars, events
- Support if you want to speak at conferences
- Ongoing learning opportunities
- Participation in anti-racism education and our anti-racism book club
- Comprehensive health benefits, including an additional health/wellness spending account
- Generous vacation policy (tell us what will help you do your best work and we will go from there, plus two bonus paid weeks at the end of each year)
- Collaborate with a supportive, experienced team
- Competitive salary that aligns with the skills and experience you bring to the team
- RRSP contribution matching
- Our office is above Boston Pizza on Jasper Ave (cactus cuts!!) and is freshly renovated (but we are all currently working from home in Edmonton, Victoria, and Kelowna)
- Help us celebrate wins and holidays (craft contests! Among Us! digital escape rooms!)