We believe in sustainability. Working twelve hour days, late nights, and weekends is not sustainable. Cutting corners and trying to do too much with not enough budget is not sustainable. Living life with just two weeks of vacation is not sustainable.
We are hiring.
We have an immediate opening for an SEO Strategist. This is currently a 3-month contract position, but there may be the opportunity for a full-time position after this contract expires. If hired, you would be working in our office in Edmonton, Alberta.
In this role, you will:
- Recommend and prioritize fixes for technical issues that could impact SEO and overall website performance.
- Develop analytics strategies, including implementation and configuration of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Search Console.
- Make recommendations for technical and/or content enhancements, such as schema markup, on-page optimization, topic focus, etc.
- Build keyword strategies for websites, including keyword research.
- Analyze and develop recommendations (and then implement them!) to improve campaign performance.
- Manage timelines, expectations, and deliverables to ensure clients’ campaigns are completed on-time and within budget.
- Nurture and develop client relationships.
The following traits are imperative:
- Self-motivation — you accept directional support and do not require hand holding.
- Strong, clear communication that is not passive (written and verbal).
- Excellent time management skills (and a pro at time tracking).
- Comfortable presenting and explaining recommendations with confidence to the internal team and client partners (either in person, via email, or on the phone).
- Comfortable working under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- You are accountable for the work done on the projects you are involved in.
- You take ownership of both problems and solutions.
- Our clients are happy with the work you do and they feel confident that it aligns with their business objectives.
- You like to learn. Not just about SEO and marketing, but about your own hobbies and interests as well. Personal growth matters to you.
- Send us an email and tell us about your experience doing the things you would be doing here.
- Send us a link to your LinkedIn page — don’t send us your resume.
- Include your 3 favourite websites/Twitter accounts/Google+ pages where you go to keep up to date on digital marketing.
- Tell us your favourite Google Analytics report and why.
- Find a technical error on our website. Tell us why it’s a problem, what you would do to fix it, and how long you would take to fix it.