We believe in sustainability. Working twelve hour days, late nights, and weekends is not sustainable. Cutting corners and trying to do too much with not enough budget is not sustainable. Living life with just two weeks of vacation is not sustainable. Have you visited our brand guide?
We are currently hiring a Digital Marketing Intern.
This is a full-time, paid position that will last for 6 months (900 hours). After this internship period is complete, you may be considered for a full-time, permanent position.
You’ll work on client projects, you’ll ask a lot of questions, you’ll read a lot, and you’ll learn a lot! We don’t have a list of specific tasks that you need to know how to do, or a list of tools/programs you must know how to use because those things can all be taught.
You’ll do keyword research, content audits, set up and manage PPC campaigns, learn about Local SEO, technical SEO, and outreach, work on key messaging, and write mission/vision/value statements for clients.
You’ll learn about brand voice and personas, and how to measure and report on these things (and more!) using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Data Studio. If you want to learn about code, great, you should! We’ll help you with this too.
If you’re interested in spending your summer with us, please email us [[email protected]] to introduce yourself and answer the following questions:
- How did you decide what you wanted to study?
- In your opinion, which local #yeg business is doing the best job at branding and marketing? Please explain your reasoning.
- What is the most challenging confrontation you’ve dealt with when working with a client or customer?
- How do you keep up-to-date on marketing news? Which blogs do you read? Which newsletters do you subscribe to? Who is someone in the marketing industry that you admire and follow on social media?
- What is the best day you’ve ever had at work? Where did you work, what happened, what makes it stand out as an important memory?
- What can you teach us?
This internship is funded by the Digital Skills for Youth Program. To be eligible for this position, you must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of at age at the start of the internship
- Have recently (within 2 years prior to the start of the internship) completed post-secondary studies
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status
- Not be in receipt of Employment Insurance during their internship
The successful candidate will also receive a $3,000 bursary to learn additional tech related skills.
Please note: this position does not include health benefits, but it does come with 5 paid days off to help you make the most of summer.
We will contact all applicants to let you know whether we are inviting you in for an interview or not.